About the Foundation
Answer: The Andrews ISD Education Foundation is a nonprofit corporation (501)(C)(3) chartered in 1997 whose mission is to provide quality Educational opportunities in order that all students may become successful and productive citizens. The Foundation operates independently of the Andrews independent School District for the purpose of:
- facilitating student achievement and skill development,
- recognizing and promoting staff excellence,
- encouraging involvement from individuals, businesses and civic organizations in the community.
Answer: A volunteer Board of Directors with representative community membership governs the Foundation as it seeks funds and sets policy according to its bylaws. The Board of Directors is a legal entity separate from Andrews ISD which cooperates with the district to enhance and enrich the educational opportunities of students and teachers of the school district.
Answer: The vision of the founders of the Andrews ISD Educational Foundation was to develop an organization with great possibilities for enhancing and enriching the educational experiences of both students and faculty of Andrews ISD. In order to realize this vision, the founders created a permanent endowment by collecting tax-deductible gifts. The interest from the endowment will be used to provide solid monetary support for educational programs and opportunities beyond the budget of Andrews ISD.
- Encourage all students to work toward reaching their highest potential.
- Attract, support and recognize teachers for innovative efforts and exemplary teaching.
- Build public awareness and confidence in Andrews schools.
- Involve the community in assuring a quality education for the leaders and works of tomorrow.
Answer: Innovative Teaching Grants - Encourage and reward innovative and creative approaches for instruction which support the accomplishment of the program objectives.
Staff Development Grants - Provide financial assistance to district staff for the purpose of improving teaching skills through summer institutes, workshops, and/or enrichment seminars.
Curriculum Enhancement Grants - Provide funding for special programs for curriculum enhancement at all levels.
Answer: Students...as thoughts are stimulated.
Teachers...as creative ideas are encouraged.
Community...for the quality of life and economic growth resulting from increased educational excellence.
By investing in our children, the Andrews ISD Education Foundation is investing in the future of our schools, community, and society.
- By Supporting: Your support may come from contributions of cash, annual pledges, memorial gifts, real estate, stocks, planned giving, or other gifts in-kind.
- By Participating: The Foundation welcomes the intangible and invaluable gifts of your time and service.
Your contribution to the Andrews Education Foundation will be gratefully received and carefully appropriated to provide education opportunities for the students of Andrews ISD. Simply print the form below, and return with your tax-deductible contribution. Thank you!